Monday, October 11, 2010

diya speaks

hey all, first my profound thanks for reading my story. sowmya's left the job of talking about me to me. well where do i start? maybe she doesnt realise how difficult it it a job?
let me start about what the story is all about. love!!! how magical a feeling that is.captivating and soul warming. where does life exist without love? i found my first love too. in my parents. i would call being blessed an understatement to get them. and my sister. we may not be without fights but to me its one picture perfect family.i am pampered- yes- but am not irresponsible. i have seen my parents earn so much and then call it bad luck, lost it all for quite sometime. that made me tougher as a person. made me learn harsh realities of life and more importantly, made me love my parents more for all their sacrifices to ensure we had a royal life.whatever i did i knew i owed it to them. people think i have had it easy for me in life, but they fail to look at my efforts behind it. inspite of being popular, i still longed for someone to understand the person that i was. thats when he came into my life. tough times seemed easier, lonely path was suddenly welcoming.probably the only person who knows me as well as my parents.i was sure my parents would love him too, just like i did. but who would have guessed all that which happened. How could i insult my parents when they were already going through a lot in life.how could i leave someone who s given their everything to make me for what i am?how could i even compare? but i couldnt let go of sidharth too.i was sure things would settle down. but what really happened once we got settled down in the relationship? possessiveness and doubts and anger and unthoughtful words! for someone who was not shouted at by even her own parents, it was new and shocking. but still since when had love cared. i took it all in hopes that he would understand.
on one side i was not even able to recognise sidharth anymore. is it the guy i really loved? and on the other, i got to know more about the sacrifices my parents made. and their life journey.
two selfless people asking their daughter for just one thing - and one thing only.
how could i refuse? how could i see sidharth anymore?

the waves kept gnawing the sand, pushing my feet inside. i turned around to look at the vast ocean and i knew deep in my heart, without an ounce of doubt - that i couldnt be happy when my parents were not happy. that i wouldnt be happy with sidharth if he keeps doubting me.
i knew i had to walk away.....

10 comments:

SNap said...

"inspite of being popular, i still longed for someone to understand the person that i was. thats when he came into my life. tough times seemed easier, lonely path was suddenly welcoming."

nice coining of the sentence(s) as such... really good comeback sequence for all the date-related confusions in the previous parts.. wonder you have got some good suggestion to turn around the story!! :P rather, spin off side-lined stories.. ;)

sowmya said...

thankooooo :)

Unknown said...

Gripping story. loved it thoroughly. So typical of a couple. little fights, kisses, hugs :) and of course possessiveness that eats up the whole thing.

But I was wondering if this was ur real life story. JAM LA FIRST PLACE la engayo ketta madri iruke!!

varunnath ramanathan said...

wish at some point of time sidharth wil also be given a chance to speak abt wht had happened or what was actually running through his mind at those days..

lmohamedfaizal said...

Great conclusion ! Good decision ! 100 % agreee...

But think of Sid .. Gal can decide anything, but Guys will never end up.

first thing , I would like to clarify is, 8 years love story and so they started around tenth standard. so it might not be a love, just a infatuation or attraction..

Moreover, if she would hav thought not to hurt their parents , then she could have decided this at least in 3,4,or 5th year.. why she realized only on 8th year.

ithula inoru periya confusion ena na..how she accepted Arvind ..did her parents allowed to love Arvind alone .ena rule ithu.


But overall very good story.. I posted the quest ,since you told its true love story.. so back to me with the answers from Real diya!

last para is too sentimental and love it !!!.. I think you took this from some old movie...

would like to hear Sid voice also.!

sowmya said...

@funky - apdilam ila :P

sowmya said...

@varun - next part is where sidharth is going to talk. and no there wont be 3-4 parts before he talks :) was that worry that the story will drag or do you want 1-2 parts in between?

sowmya said...

@faizal - story mudila :P
remember sid and diya get back?? after break up? and no - parents wont allow too. love started for sid when he was in 11th. diya accepts only after joining college/that is the first year :) and they break up when they are in the 3rd year college. 5th semester. and ethume book or movie lendhu sudala. those are my natural writing ways.thats all.thanks for the comment though :)

Srivathsan said...

like 5 point someone uhh :) ...k personally this is the best post for me :) ...ya i read it like ''sowmya speaks '' ;)

Frozen Thoughts said...

where does life exist without love.... :) wow beautiful line.. i liked dis part alot.. but wat i felt was de gal s speaking alot about her parents... lill more focus should ve been given to the love she had on the guy..