Sunday, July 26, 2009

car rally - follow up



human mind is probably the most amazing work of nature. but surprisingly today's hectic life shuts down the mind as well as our capabilities. we really do not have much time to even think of a million things that we may do and enjoy as well. for me, one such thing is definitely a car rally .very often we shut ourselves thinking we may not enjoy certain things or not be good at it.but when we actually do try it once we ll be surprised at how much we enjoy it.my mom was on my team and i was not sure how things would go in case she starts being all motherly with me again. we are so used to seeing them as matronly motherly figures and this helped in seeing the women in them and the fun that they have as well.
fastrak 09 was entertaining with me being the time keeper for our team. compared to the previous year we certainly did better but a time delay of 11 minutes did push us back to the 6th position. but still the valedictory function made it up for it with yesteryear's cricketer krishnamachari srikanth being the chief guest.
all in all this really turned out to be and event that will be cherished and remembered.

3 comments:

Ardra said...

So true Saumya, couldn't agree with you more. We simply refuse to give ourselves an oppurtinity- I almost backed out myself and I'm glad my friends persuaded me to give it a try...and you can imagine the high it gave me - at my age, one tends to think one has run out of options...Hardly...

sowmya said...

thanks for the comments aunty...

Ardra said...

Sowmya, I've linked your blog to my post. Hope that's ok with you.